Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holy Holidays, Batman!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope this season has been as fun-filled for ya'll as it has for us. The holidays have kept us very busy, so I've got a lot of ground to cover! Thanksgiving was spent at home with family. Ben fried up a turkey and we ate way too much (this theme continues throughout the holidays). Mid December we headed to South Carolina to see Ben's grandmother at the Smith Family Christmas. Adrian enjoyed meeting her extended family.
My parents and Ben's mom came to celebrate Christmas with us. My mom and I took Adrian to see Santa on Christmas eve (not something I recommend, by the way). After a 2 hour wait in line, Adrian decided she was not sitting in Santa's lap. Unfortunately she didn't have a choice. You can see the result in our blog title. Call me mean, but I think it was worth every minute!
Besides the Santa incident Adrian thouroughly enjoyed herself! She played with each new gift that was unwrapped.
We also got to visit with Ben's cousins, Maggie and Katie, along with my Aunts, Uncles and cousin. I feel very blessed that we got to share the holidays with so much family.
New Year's eve we spent with many of our close friends here in Atlanta. We were out numbered by our children, but miraculously the kids eventually fell asleep and we stayed awake long enough to see the ball drop! Here's to a good year and a great decade!

1 comment:

Matt and Brooke said...

Love the top picture! She's got such a big personality! Glad you guys enjoyed your holidays! Now onto 2010- can it get any nuttier?!